Friday, August 28, 2009

WHERE HAS RESTAURANT SERVICE GONE???

It seems no matter where Brad and I go out to eat lately, the service is horrible. Sincere greetings, employees' appearances and food presentations... all are sloppy. Everything looks thrown together, never thought about for more than a second and just leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

Where has restaurant service gone? Do you think because of the times restaurants are dumbing down... cutting back so far to the bone that what you are paying for is air, slop and dissatisfaction? I keep asking myself how is this possible? By evaluating the Buffalo, NY area.. I believe I have stumbled onto a reoccurring theme.

Buffalo lacks major corporate run restaurants. Everything in this city, for the most part, are privately owned concepts. The restaurant owners have ZERO clue what it takes to run a successful business. They sink so much effort into decor and the food that they throw the service to the waste side. They are looking at the bottom line, but forgetting the steps in between to get there. Managers are not present, owners aren't present, hell... half the time I wonder if my server or bartender has checked out too!

So what does this mean to us, the consumer that comes from the industry? Should we attempt to make things better by asking for a manager? Or, is it a lost cause with these privately owned businesses? All I can tell you is do NOT settle. As soon as we become complacent with horrible service, it has nowhere else to go.

I just wrote a complaint into the Anchor Bar. I could care less if they even respond. I just want them to know what I saw, experienced and do NOT plan on giving it another chance. Brad and I have been there at least 6 times since we have moved here (about once a month) and have only seen a decline. Next visit... I don't want to know what will happen.

So what do you think? Is it just me and this crappy "Queen City?" Because let me tell you, no royalty would ever come to this hell hole! Brad and I are counting down the days for the nightmare to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment